Saturday, April 28, 2007

catching up

Seems like it has been a long long time, since I visited my own blog. The arts in education.... that's what I am trying to understand, unravel, explore, and discover this year at Harvard. I was wondering what it might mean to just forget about this whole world of artists, art makers and all the rest of it, then just pick up a crayon/ box of paint imagining those days as kids when something colourful and glittery used to excite us and go ahead and experiment. I think as adults we get too disciplined in our disciplines to think beyond those boxes, to just wonder and share the excitement of being alive and having all those million opportunities around us.

Today is a sunny bright day at cambridge and that's enough reason to awaken to the nuances, depth, brightness and multiplicity of colours around me..... And I am working on a science based art project.... and I can tell you I have been excited, wondering and going crazy about the things I seemed to have missed out on in biology.... How the hell does a tiny cell become a human being?

1 Comments:

At 1:28 PM, Blogger Random Scribbler said...

Hi Srivi,

I accidentally came across your profile, which had the links to your website and your blogs. very impressive work...hats off to you!
I am a great admirer of Fine Arts, and thought will just shoot you a message, appreciating your work.Especially your work at Katha.....do you organise workshops regularly at Chennai for kids, am sure since you are pursuing your higher studies at Harvard, it may not be possible, but is someone else doing it on your behalf? Let me know, some of my friends may be interested in sending their kids to these workshops.
One of my husbands cousion Neeraja also did her Fine Arts at Stella Maris.......do you know her by any chance?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home